Thank you Whole Foods for this easy to follow diagram of foods that re-grow.
Don't think we'll be waiting 2-3 years to eat our pineapple, but certainly we can hold out the few days for scallions to start to grow.
Scallion Pancakes (makes 4 pancakes)
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 bunches of chopped scallion greens only. We use garlic greens and the wild weed "three corner leeks"
high heat oil for pan frying.
1. Mix flour and water together, then knead for about 5 minutes till dough is smooth.
2. Oil dough, cover with damp tea towel and let sit at least 30 minutes
3. Cut dough in half. Roll out dough to roughly 9" x 12" rectangle
4. Brush with sesame oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and 1/2 the scallions
5. Roll dough into a log. Cut in half. Roll log into spiral and let sit another 20 minutes.
6. Heat oil in a cast iron or other heavy bottom skillet.
7. Roll out spiral dough into rough circle.
8. Fry in hot oil 2 -3 minutes per side.
9. Sprinkle with more kosher salt and serve.