Oh cheese how we love thee.
Guilty pleasure of buying lots of cheese only to find them moldy and hard so soon.
You can keep hard cheeses fresh for months by following these simple steps:
1. Unwrap your cheese from the wrapper.
2. Re-wrap your cheese with parchment paper not wax paper.
3. Label your wrapped cheese.
4. Store wrapped cheese in a plastic lidded container, like the one that pre-washed lettuce comes in.
5. Place container in the refrigerator vegetable crisper drawer
That's it. Your cheese will be good to go for months.